SALES DIRECTOR- STINGRAY OPTICS
ThIs position will manage and execute the established sales budget, and plan for the Keene Site.
To accomplish the above the successful candidate will be responsible for specifically managing:
- The SRO Sales team to maximize the sales potential for SRO products.
- Accurately prepare, manage, and execute the annual sales budget to ensure execution against the established Order Intake KPI.
o This will involve management of Local Sales Review and Group Sales Review meetings.
o Engagement with sales team, and Key Account Managers (KAM’s).
o Enable prompt decision making at top levels and across different functions within the company to ensure we meet the budget;
o Ensure that we have a consistent and accurate input for the S&OP process.
Responsibilities in addition to the above:
· Grow G&H, SRO sales (Standard and Customized products) using the G&H BD and Sales teams.
· Communicate with customers personally, via face-to-face visits and/or by phone and/or email.
· Represent G&H, SRO at trade shows industry trade association meetings with approval from Regional Sales Director.
· Evaluate sales opportunities and provide appropriate quotations
· Oversee the complete sales process from generating leads to closing the businesses.
· Develop Business Development plans to ensure business growth.
· Optimize the sales channel and resources within G&H using distributors and/or representatives where appropriate.
· Inform G&H Management\Product Manager about new, interesting applications, markets or products.
Establish a process that is in line with objectives of the OI KPI, to process allow verification with the SRO Sales & Engineering Teams project or opportunity to be a good fit for StingRay current capabilities, capacities and profit margins/targets.
Secure the necessary program, application and camera information such that it can be determined if a standard, modified standard or custom optical solution is the best option for the project.
Process price quotes and proposals for standard products, pre-engineered systems or custom solutions that were deemed a good match for the requirements based upon the efforts described above.
· Propose Business Development & Marketing plans.
· Submit visit reports, monthly sales reports and any other required paperwork to G&H Management as directed in an accurate & timely manner and upload them to the appropriate storage place.
· Take responsibility for and coordinate own travel, provision of contact information etc. with approval.
· Attendance to G&H Group and external wider Commercial events as designated by the G&H sales organization.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
· Computer proficient, good written and verbal communication, works independently, experience with data sheets and analytical software.
· Minimum experience required: +7 years’ experience in direct field with customer contact & Sales Management ideally in Defense sector/market.
· Associates Degree (AA), BS in a technical discipline a plus.
· A demonstrated track record for qualifying, developing and sustaining relationships with current and future target customers in a growing account portfolio to grow sales.
· Required to have ‘Sales Positioning Techniques’ knowledge and a strong track record of winning new orders.
· Must be a US Citizen.
2 weeks per month travel to customers
The responsibilities of this position will involve having access to items and technical data that may be controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations ("U.S. Export Control Laws"), including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR") and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"). In order to comply with the U.S. Export Control Laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within StingRay that may present access to export-controlled technical data, StingRay must assess whether candidates are "U.S. persons" as defined under the EAR (15 C.F.R. Part 772) and the ITAR (22 C.F.R. § 120.15). Certain questions asked during the application process are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only.