Entry Level Sales Engineer
The position referenced above is a full time position which assumes a forty (40) hour work week to be performed at StingRay’s office located at 17A Bradco St Keene NH 03431.
Please note that while we have attempted to describe all of the responsibilities that might be expected of an individual assuming the position of Sales Engineer for StingRay Optics, additional duties not yet realized may be required.
As a StingRay employee, professionalism, technical expertise, thoughtfulness and courtesy are expected during any and all customer interactions. In these instances the employee’s primary responsibility is to meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
Identifying, developing, supporting and maintaining relationships with end-users for custom optical systems are a critical requirement for the StingRay Sales Engineer. In order to be successful, the sale engineer will receive assistance and support from some of the brightest individuals with a wide variety of disciplines including optical design, opto-mechanical engineering, optical assemblers and technicians.
Daily activities for a sales engineer may involve responding to general inquiries from sources such as incoming calls, faxes and emails seeking information on our company, products and services. The act of carrying out this responsibility requires the individual to be able to:
- Verify the project or opportunity to be a good fit for StingRay current capabilities, capacities and profit margins/targets.
- Secure the necessary application and camera information such that a custom optical solution can be conceptualized.
- Process price quotes and proposals for standard products, pre-engineered systems or custom solutions that were deemed a good match for the project based upon the efforts described above.
- Perform follow up calls, emails or face to face meeting with interested parties that could result in potential sales opportunities for StingRay’s product offerings.
- Work with engineering, order entry, accounting and shipping to process any resulting orders per the customers’ expectations.
- Follow up with customers that ordered StingRay products to determine satisfaction with product received, customer service and to inquire about the possibility for new orders.
Essential skills required to be successful in the position include the ability to prioritize workloads to realize the most immediate benefit while also addressing customer requirements and schedules, prompt and informative responses to customer inquiries, strong StingRay product and capability knowledge and expertise, familiarity with commercial camera offerings and compatibility with our StingRay products with the commercially available cameras.
Listed below are the anticipated duties:
- Assist with incoming calls & website requests for information or support on Stingray Products & Services
- Provide StingRay information to customers and potential customers in both orally and written form
- Review customer orders against StingRay price proposals
- Provide customer updates including order status, resolve payment related issues, customer shipping preferences
- Coordinate availability, execute and monitor StingRay loaner equipment opportunities
- Aide with trade show preparation, including travel plans, applicable rentals for booth space and furnishings
- Schedule, plan and entertain customers visiting StingRay facilities
- Track StingRay product deliveries for custom lens sales versus projected lead-times
- Verify StingRay’s ability to achieve customer schedule goals for standard and custom product sales based upon inventory and material availability.
- Establish and maintain processes to enable the goals defined above
- Input on workload prioritization and project scheduling to help assist engineering and program managers to meet our customer’s deadlines.
General StingRay Responsibilities
All employees at StingRay are expected to assist in the day to day duties typical of a small company including answering incoming calls, preparation of outgoing shipments, scheduling and delivery of packages for shipment, office and kitchen maintenance and cleaning, disposing of trash & recyclables, running local errands, planning & coordinating company events, etc.
The responsibilities of this position will involve having access to items and technical data that may be controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations ("U.S. Export Control Laws"), including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR") and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"). In order to comply with the U.S. Export Control Laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within StingRay that may present access to export-controlled technical data, StingRay must assess whether candidates are "U.S. persons" as defined under the EAR (15 C.F.R. Part 772) and the ITAR (22 C.F.R. § 120.15). Certain questions asked during the application process are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at StingRay's sole election.