Opto-Mechanical Assembly Technician
The individual's primary responsibility is to support the companies' needs as a Opto-Mechanical Assembly Technician and be able to work in a team oriented environment, duties include the assembly of the optics and mechanics of optical systems and to verify and record the proper tolerances were met and incoming inspection of optical and mechanical components. Assisting in the testing of said optical assemblies may also be necessary.
- Assembly of optical systems to yield the required assembly tolerances.
- Record necessary information for traceablity of assembly procedures.
- Inspect incoming optical and mechanical components for conformance to purchased prints.
- Assist in the optimization of optical components and mechanics to achieve desire results.
- Assistance with improving the assembly process and identifying design improvements for next generation products.
- Assist with quality assurance and continuous improvement.
- Vendor qualification.
- Support company quality team as needed.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment and communicate effectively though listening, understanding and supplying timely feedback.
- Self starter with willingness and discipline to continually learn.
- Strong math skills.
- Familiarity with various measuring instruments is a plus.
General StingRay Responsibilities
All employees at StingRay are expected to assist in day to day duties typical of a small cmpany including answering incoming calls, preparation of outgoing shipments, scheduling and delivery of packages for shipment, office and kitchen maintenance and cleaning, disposing of trash and recyclables, volunteer on safety committee, and running local errands.